HOW WE WORK
Our team is passionate about data. We work creatively to help organizations better understand the people in countries, cities, and communities with large data gaps. Here, work life is a combination of constructive collaboration and focused productivity.
We believe the greatest innovations arise when different disciplines, perspectives, and experiences converge. As a company, we live these values that push us toward discovery.
We are committed to the professional development of all Fraym employees. In addition to trainings, conferences, and connections to an elite network, we offer a Continent Immersion Program (CIP). CIP is a company sponsored trip that allows employees to immerse themselves in the markets, cultures, and geographies we serve.
If the intersection of data science, business, and international affairs sounds like the place for you, let us know why. We’re looking for talented folks to join our expanding team.
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
You will have a range of responsibilities including the following:
- Evaluate internal and customer priorities to develop software-based solutions;
- Communicate with current and prospective users and stakeholders to understand evolving needs and customer concerns;
- Translate analytical outputs and data into relatable and actionable software and user interfaces;
- Contribute to building the roadmap of the product: GitHub issue creation, epic/sprint evaluation, backlog grooming, etc;
Write maintainable code and offer PR reviews;
Write unit and smoke tests for all portions of our applications;
Identify usability issues and suggest improvements;
Monitor and improve on internal systems and practices related to code workflow and peer review;
Create markdown documents to help new engineers and developers get started with our tools and projects;
Explore and build new product and data delivery tools and mechanisms to integrate into customer systems and workflows;
Mentor team members on software engineering best practices;
Support Go-to-Market and Project teams as required;
Identify and automate software deployment processes.
- Experience working in a remote setting and across multiple time-zones – the Fraym team is internationally distributed;
- Fast learner, i.e.: you routinely pick up new languages or leverage frameworks;
- Ability to collaborate with external consultants;
- At least 8 years of experience building web-based software products;
- Self-motivated and independent but comfortable working with a diverse team;
- Persistent and with desire to solve both technical problems and learn deep business concepts;
- Good understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies;
- Good understanding of data structures and geospatial concepts;
- Experience working with GIS technologies, e.g.: Mapbox GL JS, Carto, PostGIS, etc.;
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation;
- At least 5 years of working experience with mainstream frameworks such as Django, Spring MVC, or Ruby on Rails;
- Comfortable working with datasets stored within RDBMS and spreadsheets;
- At least 5 years of experience building UIs based on Angular 4 (and/or higher) or React.
- Interested in African and emerging market development work;
- Experience working in or with young, early-stage companies.
- Great compensation package, including base salary, and annual performance bonus;
- Medical, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefits;
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing young company;
- Opportunity to contribute and build a company and team culture;
- Flexible paid time off;
- Flexible location and work environment.
Business Development Manager (US Government)
ARLINGTON, VA / FRAYM – GO-TO-MARKET / FULL-TIME
- Master Fraym’s product, services, and applications. Be able to effectively articulate our unparalleled value for prospective customers, ideally with personal experiences and relevant examples.
- Identify and capture new revenue. Work with the technical team to build account strategies and lead resulting proposal efforts.
- Receive and grow a portfolio of key USG accounts. Cultivate customer relationships and achieve account expansion goals.
- Achieve greater exposure and brand awareness for Fraym. Lead on opportunities (conferences, meetings, demonstrations, etc.) to secure market position.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Prime contractors and other strategic partners
- 5+ years of successful business development experience, including specific experience with DoD.
- Significant experience with US federal government contracting. Experience pitching complex ideas. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate Fraym’s product. Background in statistics, technology, GIS, and/or data analysis is critical.
- Excellent writing skills (with relevant examples to demonstrate writing quality).
- Commitment to grow the company and make an outsized impact on decision-making in national security.
- Global experience, familiarity with areas of responsibility outside the United States.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- US citizen. Active security clearance a big plus.
- The role is based in Arlington, VA.
- Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
- Competitive salary, with performance- and target-based bonuses.
- Medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing company.
Summary of Position
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and advancing Fraym’s technical capabilities in new geographic markets, including adapting existing data pipelines and testing new algorithms and models
- Assessing potential applications of data science workflows to customer-driven, analytical engagements
- Coordinate with our analytics team to develop data science solutions, tools and applications to enhance workflow efficiency
- Training and onboarding analytics team members to new and/or improved data science processes and systems
- Debugging and troubleshooting errors and issues emerging from data science apps, packages, and software
- Working within interdisciplinary project teams to drive data driven decision-making by building and scaling predictive models
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
- Essential skills: R (working with caret, tidyverse, etc. and creating packages), Python (sklearn, numpy, etc.), and working in a cloud computing environment (AWS).
- Experience with or interest in geospatial data (vector and raster)
- Enjoy advancing projects both on one's own and collaboratively
- Experience with or interest in technical communication and training
- Ability to quickly develop technical skills and learn new tools with minimal mentorship and supervision.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.