HOW WE WORK
Our team is passionate about data. We work creatively to help organizations better understand the people in countries, cities, and communities that have been traditionally hard to access. Here, office life is a combination of constructive collaboration and focused productivity.
We believe the greatest innovations arise when different disciplines, perspectives, and experiences converge. As a company, we live these values that push us toward discovery.
We are committed to the professional development of all Fraym employees. In addition to trainings, conferences, and connections to an elite network, we offer a Continent Immersion Program (CIP). CIP is a company sponsored trip that allows employees to immerse themselves in the markets, cultures, and geographies we serve.
If the intersection of data science, business, and international affairs sounds like the place for you, let us know why. We’re looking for talented folks to join our expanding team.
Your responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with large household survey datasets to expand, deepen, and refine the Fraym data platform.
- Applying data, communication, and inquiry skills to frame and address use cases in support of customized engagements for government agencies, development organizations, and commercial enterprises.
- Preparing analytical products, including presentations, briefings, and other materials.
- Contributing to the development of product offerings and capabilities such as machine learning applications, data subscription packages, and inventive data visualizations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, such as economics, statistics, international development, or public policy.
- One or two years of experience applying quantitative methods is preferred but not required.
- Training in statistical methods, econometrics, and/or geospatial analysis. Understanding how to apply quantitative skills to answer questions.
- Essential software skills: Stata or R for descriptive and econometric analysis of micro-data from household surveys. R, ArcGIS, or QGIS for production of polished maps. PowerPoint, Python, machine learning, or other software skills are a definite plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Eager to learn; bring creativity, confidence, and can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Ability to advance discrete projects both independently and in coordination with others.
- Good attention to detail.
- Additional language skills are a definite plus, including French and Portuguese.
- Experience and interest in emerging markets across Africa, Latin America, Middle East, and/or South and Southeast Asia.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with a team and ability to interact with senior executives.
- Previous experience or background in any of the following thematic areas is a definite plus: conflict and security, health, environment and climate, or agriculture.
You will perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining and advancing Fraym’s data acquisition pipeline in coordination with business development and new market opportunities
- Create and apply quality assurance standards and protocols to assess applicability and limitations for Fraym use-cases
- Building a reproducible approach to efficiently process, query, and access household/market research/panel data type surveys
- Searching for paid and open source data to update and advance Fraym’s approach and methods
- Designing processes and systems to identify and meet the data needs of various internal stakeholders such as analytics, data science, and go-to-market teams
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field
- At least one-year work experience is preferred but not required
- Training in survey data analytics (including awareness of household, panel, and market research survey landscape), structuring/querying SQL databases, and/or working with messy /unstructured data
- Experience using python, R, and/or SQL, and some familiarity with cloud-based systems i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS). Note: this position offers significant growth for technical skill; if you have experience in at least one of the areas listed, we encourage you to apply.
- Mission-driven and motivated to advance projects independently and without oversight, as well, as collaborate and communicate with a small team of widely varying areas of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior executives
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.